Twelve Springs® Tea
Tree Essential Oil is 100% Pure and Certified Organic that is obtained from the
steam distillation of the native Australian plant Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea
Tree Plant). This essential oil has been used for thousands of years by the Australian
Aborigines as an effective treatment of various skin maladies.
Dr. Arthur Penfold
an Australian chemist based in Sydney discovered in the early twentieth century
that the antiseptic properties of Tea Tree essential oil are 12 times stronger
than carbolic acid (the standard at that time). Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia)
Essential oil is one of the most heavily researched and cited essential oils in
existence. Since 1980, Google Scholar references nearly 5000 citations.
in Australia even used Tea Tree Essential oil to synthesize graphene
(single-layer carbon fiber) sheets! Tea Tree Essential Oil have an effective anti-septic,
anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory agent that can
be used in personal care formulations, oral care applications, traditional
medicinal applications, and for home care use.
In 2015, the Committee on Herbal
Medicinal Products (HMPC) of the
Medicines Agency approved Tea Tree Essential oil as a Traditional
that can be used for the following:
· treatment of small superficial wounds
· insect bites
· treatment for small boils (furuncles and mild
· relief of itching and irritation in mild athlete’s
· treatment of minor inflammation of the lining of
Note that for
the first four indications above use of 100% Pure, undiluted Tea Tree Oil.
Also, according to HMPC, “Tea tree oil medicines should only be used in adults and
adolescents over the age of 12 years. They should not be taken for longer than
1 month when treating small boils or itching and irritation in mild athlete’s
foot. If symptoms continue or worsen during the use of the medicine a doctor or
a qualified healthcare practitioner should be consulted.”
Our 100% Pure and Certified
Organic Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil can be used in personal care
formulations, cosmetic applications, home care, soaps, perfumery, incense,
candles, and pet care products. Twelve Springs is proud to be a leading retailer
of this outstandingly Australian product to our customers around the world.
Country of Origin: Austrailia
Common Name: Tea Tree oil
Botanical/Scientific Name/INCI: Melaleuca Alternifolia
Family Name: Myrtaceae
Parts Used: Foliage/Leaves and Terminal Branchlets/Twigs
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Aroma/Scent Description: Sharp, Medicinal, Fresh, Warm, Spicy, Earthy, Herbaceous
Aroma/Scent Strength: Very High
Evaporation: Top Note
Appearance: Liquid Fuid
Color: Colorless to Yollowish
Cultivation Method: Certified Organic
Blend Well With: Basil, Bergamot, German or Roman Chamomile, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Clove, Cypress, Eucalyptus (Radiata), Geranium, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Myrrh, Nutmeg, Orange, Peppermint, Pine, Oregano, Rose, Rosewood, Rosemary, Sweet Marjoram, Sandalwood, and Thyme.
Safety Precautions and Risk
Non-toxic but may cause skin irritation in people with sensitive skin and is potential for skin sensitization if oxidized. Add 0.01-0.02% Vitamin E (antioxidant alpha tocopherol) when using for products that have oil prone to oxidization.
For external use only. Can be use directly on skin or dilute in carrier oil. Do not apply to broken or irritated skin. Discontinue use if skin sensitivity occurs. If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking any medications, consult your doctor before use. Discontinue use and consult doctor if ant adverse reactions occur.
Safe and can be use during pregnancy, but not during labor.
Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from eyes. May be flammable.
Suggested Shelf Life: 2-3 years
CERTIFICATION: USDA Certified Organic
This certifies or guarantees that you are getting
organic product. The product is free of additives, chemicals, and
preservatives. This also indicates that you are actually buying and getting
certified organic Tea Tree Essential Oil that complies with the USDA organic
regulations and allows us to sell, label, and represent the product as organic.
Disclaimer: For Disclaimer CLICK HERE
- Organic Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Essential oil
SKINCARE: Acne, Cleanser, Shaving & Post-wax
PERSONAL CARE: Hand & Body Wash, Massage, Hair Care/Dandruff, Oral Care, Feminine Care, Lip Balm, Mouthwash, and Deodorant
MEDICINAL: Wound Care, Diaper Rash, Foot Spray, Cold Sore, Head Lice & Nits, Athlete's Foot/Tinea, Insect Bites, Skin Tags, and Nail Infections
HOUSEHOLD: Surface Disinfectant, Cleaner, Pet Bedding & Fleas, Laundry Detergent, Mold and Mildew
OTHERS: Aromatherapy and Preservative
Acne, athlete's foot, candida, chicken pox, cold sores, colds, corns, cuts, flu, insect bites, itching, migraine, oily skin, ringworm, sinusitis, sores, spots, urethritis, warts, whooping cough. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essentila Oils. (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 56-67.]
- Apply topically to aid in natural skin healing of toenails and feet
- To improve scalp health add 20-25 drops to shampoo
- Diffuse in the air to purify (6-10 drops or as require). Suggestion: Diffuse Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil for a nice aromatherapy scent for at least thirty minute for three times daily or as require for the best result.
- Gargle Tea Tree Essential oil and water to support seasonal immunity
- Put directly on bug, mosquito or spider bites to aid in natural healing
- Mix 2 teaspoons melaleuca and water in spray bottle for all-purpose cleaner (excellent for workout mats)
Side Effects: According to HMPC the side effects include skin reactions such as pain, mild itching, burning sensation, irritation, stinging, redness and swelling, and other allergic reactions. Also, burn-like skin reactions have been reported rarely (in between 1 and 10 patients in 10,000).
For external use only. Can be use directly on the skin or dilute in carrier oil. Consult a professional reference for correct dilution ratios prior. Do not apply to broken or irritated skin. Avoid contact with the eye. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. If swallowed, get medical attention.
Keep out of reach of children.
The above statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA or USFDA). The information provided is general and is for educational purposes only and should not be taken as medical advice, it is
not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition.
Neither Twelve Springs or associated business entities guarantee the accuracy of the information. If you are pregnant, please consult your doctor or professional before using this product. You are also encouraged to patch test the product to ensure that it meets your need before using it.
For Disclaimer CLICK HERE
- Skincare (Support healthy skin and reduces blemishes)
- Hair care, promotes healthy scalp (Tea Tree can eradicate the fungus (Malassezia furfur) that causes dandruff)
- Hand and body wash
- Shaving and Post-wax
- Mouthwash (Dilute)
- Cuts and wounds, and it diminish scar
- Cold sores (Apply to the herpes simplex virus (HSV) known as the cause of common cold sore)
- Head lice and nits (For use add to shampoo)
- Athlete's foot/tinea (Relieve the itching burning, and irritation of Tinea)
- Skin tags
- Insect repellant, bug bites and stings
- Protect body and nail infections
- Pet bedding and fleas (Spray on pet's bedding to sanitize ad to give it a fresh smell and it will also help to retard fleas)
- Kitchen surface cleaner Bathroom sanitizer
- Laundry (Add 1 tablespoon to laundry detergent to get the anti-microbial benefits and a clean, fresh aroma)